The weather might be cooling down, but let’s not say goodbye to the heat just yet. These spicy margarita hacks will help you savor summer for as long as you can. Here are some of the simplest ways to spice up your marg…emphasis on the simple! (If you want to make a hand-crafted spicy margarita, scroll down for a few recipes.)
🔥How to Spice Up Any Flybird Margarita🔥
The first and most important part of simple hacks for spicing up your margarita is starting with one of our ready-to-serve margaritas. The one step alone streamlines your cocktail creation and lets you skip to the very best part—enjoying it!
Slice a Jalapeño
Depending on how spicy you like your margaritas, you can incorporate jalapeño slices in several ways. For a mild marg, deseed the pepper, slice it, and toss in a few pieces. If you’re in the mood for a spicier marg, muddle the jalapeño slices before adding them to your drink. For a next-level spicy marg, add in a few jalapeño seeds. This will really bring out the heat. (Don’t say we didn’t warn you!)
Did you know that jalapenos are one of the best sources of vitamin C? That basically makes a jalapeño margarita healthy, right?
Sprinkle Some Spice
Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or Tajin to your margarita for an unforgettable twist. Looking for a bolder kick? Add a dash or two of your favorite hot sauce.
Try Spicy Margarita Salt
Rim your margarita glass with heat. Look for spicy margarita salt next time you’re at the store, or make your own chili salt by combining salt, ancho powder, chili powder, and paprika.
Spicy Margarita Recipes
If you’re looking for a couple of spicy margarita recipes for a hand-crafted cocktail at home, we’ve got you covered. We’ve compiled several spicy marg recipes below, from classic to contemporary! Try them all and see which one you like best.
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 ½ oz. reposado tequila
- ½ oz. brandy-based orange liqueur
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Jalapeño slice, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the sliced jalapeño pepper.
- Add the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, agave nectar, and orange bitters. Fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a jalapeño slice. Serve and enjoy.
- 2 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. agave
- 5 blackberries
- 2 jalapeño slices
- Muddle blackberries and agave in shaker.
- Add jalapeños to the shaker and lightly muddle. If you like things spicy, muddle them with the seeds. If you don’t like too much spice, take the seeds out, and don’t muddle the jalapeños.
- Add freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Add tequila.
- Shake with ice for 30 seconds.
- Strain into salt-rimmed glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a blackberry, lime wheel, or a slice of jalapeño, and enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 oz. tequila
- ½ oz. Monin turmeric syrup
- ½ oz. ginger syrup
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Strain into a margarita glass.
- Garnish with dehydrated lemon.
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- ½ oz. orange liqueur
- 1 oz. lime juice
- ½ oz. hot honey
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Cholula hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco hot sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Make the hot honey by combining the honey, Cholula, Tabasco, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and hot honey into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, then pour into a glass and enjoy.